Tuesday, March 12, 2013

PAYING IT FORWARD

     At the beginning of the year, a bunch of people on Facebook decided to do the Paying it Forward gift giving thing again this year.  The whole premise was that if you signed your name under the person who wanted to partake in the PIF promise, then you had to paste the PIF promise on your page and have people sign up that you would send gifts to during the year. 

     There were a whole lot of promises made last year but then no one ever heard or said anything else about it.  Well, this year, we did it again and I decided...if you are going to sign up then you need to carry out your promise.

     So, I had a whole bunch of leftover yarn from prior projects and had recently told Danny as a joke..."you know, I'm probably gonna die and you're going to have to get rid of all that yarn, 'cause I don't have anything to do with it".  Little did I know that my PIF promise would give me an out to get rid of all that un-used yarn.

     I started crocheting a "scrappy afghan" out of the un-used yarn.  The first one turned out really good, so I decided I'd make all the rest of my sign-ups a "scrappy afghan".  Well, I've used up a lot of yarn.  So much in fact, that I've had to start buying more.  It's so funny.  I am having a blast making these afghans.  I've made a lot in my lifetime and can truthfully say that these are by far the prettiest and most colorful I have made.

    I am including a picture of my yarn holders.  The small basket on the left is basically what left of all my old yarn.  Most of what is in the other two has been bought to help finish them.

I hope everyone who receives their "scrappy afghan" enjoys it as much as I have making it.

No comments: