Sunday, September 23, 2012

A Handy Kitchen Helper

A long time ago when I was  a teenager, my Mom, used a kitchen device designed to keep scrap food in rather then putting in it the trash, especially if you don't have a garbage disposal under the sink.  It was a metal frame with a small trash bag that  fit over it.  The only problem was that it didn't have a cover, so after a while the flies would get to it, so you had to change the bag daily, which lead to a lot of cost, even back then.

I have come up with a solution to that by utilizing the same concept but with a Folgers coffee container.  You can dress the container up with contact paper or whatever you can come up with in your decorative colors.  My kitchen is done in red, so the red can goes well.  I only use the Folgers can because it it basically round on the inside and has small handles for better gripping.  The Maxwell House can does not work as well because the handle is separate and it's harder to get the filled bag out ( chance of tearing the bag).

Watch the video and see what I mean.

No comments: