Saturday, March 16, 2013

QUICK FIXES!!

I am a plus size person..".right now anyway."...said I for the last forty years!  LOL.  I hate to shop for myself.  When I was younger all the sizes for me looked like they were for women who were sixty and seventy years old.  Hey, I'm not saying anything against older womens fashions..'cause frankly, I have reached the age.

As the years have gone by and Walmart and Kmart have emerged as the biggest seller of women's affordable clothing, especially when you live on a Walmart size budget, the fashions have changed and now clothing is more stylish for women young and older.  But the one thing that really bugs me is the fact that for the last four or five years, clothing manufacturers are making almost all large women's fashions, especially blouses, with huge necklines that tend to show everything up top.

Do they not realize that some women are still modest and some don't think their necklines are all that pretty, so some prefer to wear blouses that are not so revealing.  I get so frustrated when I go shopping and can not find anything that has a normal neckline.  Even the winter blouses and pull-over sweaters are very revealing.  Do you know what it's like to try and keep warm with a blouse that is showing your babies behind.

Anyway, when I went shopping today with my "birthday bucks"....I really had one goal in mind.  I recently acquired the cutest pair of seersucker capris in baby blue and white pinstripes. I didn't have a blouse to wear with them and have been searching for weeks.  Well I found one at Beall's today that was suitable in color but you guessed it....the neck line revealed more than my babies behind. 


So being the ingenious person that I am I fixed it.  The capris were a little too long, so I shortened them and used the leftover to fix the blouse.  My before and after pics.

No comments: