Monday, December 15, 2008

Computers

I wish I had more fonts to play with on this thing. Anyway, I miss my computer. I am thankful for Dave Dufresne, who is working on my computer and he doesn't charge me anything. But I always buy him a special gift for doing it. Usually a small wizard statue. He's known around here as the C&A Wizard. Only now I guess it would be the IAC Wizard, since C&A is no more. Things are not looking good around here. We will be off for two weeks, Christmas week and New Years week. Some will still be out the week after as Toyota is shut down that week. Barry, my boss has mentioned that our corp office is making inquiries into our earnings at this site. He is afraid that they are about to get rid of one person and that will be me. I can't afford to lose my job, although I would like to stay home for awhile. But if I give it up, I will lose my 10 year seniority and my insurance and if they ever decide to hire me back, it will be at a lower wage and position doing something I can't handle all the time, like receiving. I will never be at the level I am now. I don't understand why they wouldn't let Barry go. He will be retiring soon and they will have to hire a new manager and I am already here and knowledgeable in everything. I think the only thing that will save me is for Jack Davis to stand up and say no way is Jennifer leaving. I know a whole lot more about this plant than Barry and even some of the people who have been here for years.

No comments: