Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Is it gooses or geeses?

Every year our little Lake Imogene at ICC college is invaded by Canadian geese. They have started coming in early this year. Before it's over they will cover every inch of spare ground area around the lake. There will be thousands of them. They have started already.

This picture was taken from the car in front of the foundation building. There are already hundreds of them. I really need to load a shotgun and have it handy so I can shoot one as it flies over the house. They sometimes fly over our house on their way to the pond. Goose for Thanksgiving, UmMMM!!!.
Not to worry, my family probably wouldn't eat it anyway. But I would. So they're probably safe from my gun. But they are beautiful and sound wonderful when they honk. I love it!

No comments: