Sunday, September 21, 2008

Apple Pie!!!!


Hi! Everybody! You know, ladies are supposedly not supposed to divulge their age, but this one time, I am going to say that I am 57 years old. I hate to cook!!!! No doubt about it!!! I hate to cook!!!!. I used to love to cook but somewhere down the line of preparing meal after meal and being told that " you know what would have made this a lot better?", I kinda lost the desire to try and create anything in the kitchen.


Now don't get me wrong. I do cook and feed my family everyday, but I despise it. Anyway, a few weeks ago, the Pioneer Woman, Ree, was visiting her sister and her mother made them a blueberry pie. Well, it looked so good that I decided to make one. About that same time, my niece, Becky, posted a pie crust recipe that I thought maybe I could handle. You see, that is about the only thing that has kept me from making pies throughout my married life, was the pie crust. Well, I tried it with Ree's Moms BB pie and WOW was it good.


Everyday I pass by Danny's cousins home and she has two apple trees in her yard and I have been watching them turn red for awhile. I stopped by on Friday and asked it I could get a few for a pie and Chris and I went and picked some. At the ripe old age of 57, I made my first ever apple pie. I must say it turned out pretty good!


So, what do you think? Chris said it was just right. I thought it tasted pretty good too!

No comments: