Thursday, March 5, 2009

Breathing Easy--er

As many of you already know. I have adult onset asthma. It's been
a long road for me. My doctor prescribed a medicine for me that
my insurance company refused to let me have. He put in a request
for reconsideration but Monday, I got a letter that stated they
were going to stand by their original position. No medicine. Well,
not any medicine but no Symbicort. I happened to have an
appointment with my regular doctor on Monday afternoon. I
mentioned this to him. He asked me how my treatment with the
Symbicort was going.(Oh, yeah! My asthma doctor had been giving
me samples of the Symbicort for a year now) I told him that I
couldn't get a good breath, I was tired all the time, coughing
really badly all the time and it didn't seem the medicine was
helping at all. He gave me some samples of Advair. WOW! I
started it on Monday night. I have not had to use my inhaler
at all since then. I sang a complete song yesterday without
giving out of breath. I have lots of energy, and I feel a
100% better. My mind even seems to be clearer. I am thanking
God that I feel so much better. There is just one problem.
There is a stern warning on the Advair that there is a risk
of asthma related death. This is kinda scary and I have been
trying to find info on the internet but so far I haven't
really learned anything. So pray that I will continue to
improve and also find out about this warning, so I can do
what I need to avoid the problems that cause these deaths.
Love to all and thanks for your prayers.

No comments: