Friday, June 17, 2011

STUPID SALESPEOPLE!!

I have carpel in both my hands and it hurts to hold onto a phone or other object for very long. My fingers go to sleep and have sharp pains in them and my palms. I needed something to help with holding the office phone in my hands. I went to Office Max to get a headset that I could plug into the handset on the office phone. I told the salesman what I needed and he helped me find it. I bought it. When I got back to the office I discovered the office phone had no connection port for the cord on the headset. I was surprised because the last phone I had at home had one.
Danny and I had to go to Wal-mart that evening so we checked while we were there and they didn't have any phones that had the connection port either. Checked at Office Max in Inverness and their display was a winged one with all their phones (about 40 or more) displayed on the wings and in the middle was a display of corded headsets. What was unbelievable was that there was not one single phone in their display that these headsets would connect to. When I asked the salesman what was the use of having this display, he said, "I guess they want you to get disgusted enough to purchase one of these." At which point he showed me the display of wireless headsets costing from $125.00 to $399.00.
Of course, I looked at him like he had lost all his marbles. I said, " if I bought one of those my boss would fire me on the spot." Don't know what I'm gonna do now. But I just don't understand the reasoning behind selling an item to someone when you know it's not going to work. Just saying!!!

No comments: